(LAS VEGAS) - JCK Las Vegas held its 23rd annual Show in Las Vegas late May through early June, boasting strong attendance and an overall heightened level of success. Strong sales were reported across all categories of exhibitors, and buyers gave high marks to the amount of new product that was presented. JCK reported over 3,000 new buyers came to experience JCK Las Vegas for the first time and the international community strongly supported the show, with strong attendance from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the United Kingdom.
JCK Las Vegas, North America’s largest jewelry show, took place at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino and featured products from over 2,500 jewelry industry exhibitors. Known for its extensive range and diversity of offerings, JCK is comprised of specific sections: fine jewelry fills the halls of LUXURY, Elite Enclave and the newly renamed Prestige; luxury timepieces can be viewed at the by appointment only Swiss Watch; the Design Center boasts innovative, artisan-quality jewelry; and the main JCK show floor is home to AGTA, Watches, the VICENZAORO Italian Pavilion, Plumb Club, and the Hong Kong pavilion. The product, combined with a daily itinerary of networking events, education seminars and entertainment, including Rob Thomas at the JCK Rocks the Beach concert, made the show an exciting, must-attend event.
Winners, awards, and recognition were abundant at JCK and LUXURY this year. Some of the week’s major highlights included:
• LUXURY Retailer of the Year - The inaugural LUXURY Retailer of the Year Award was presented to Tom Schmitt, of Schmitt Jewelers, in Phoenix, AZ, for their outstanding ability to successfully bridge fine and fashion jewelry.
• Shark Tank at JCK - After a tight competition between 6 of the industry’s technology purveyors, TracTech was named winner of the first-ever JCK Shark Tank competition. TracTech’s RFID technology was the favorite, voted for by over 800 retailers.
• Diamond Empowerment Funds’ Diamonds in the Sky Event, featuring Chaka Khan - Celebrated the Global Diamond Industry with President Ian Khama and the Government of the Republic of Botswana receiving the Global Diamond Industry Achievement Award.
• Global Leadership Forum - JCK was pleased to host global jewelry leaders at the inaugural Global Leadership Luncheon including Alrosa, Diarough, DeBeers Group and Chow Tai Fook, to name a few.
• Plumb Club Breakfast and Evening Event - Plumb Club members and invited retailers enjoyed a morning breakfast keynote with Shark Tank TV personality and entrepreneur Daymond John, Founder and CEO of the iconic fashion brand FUBU and President and CEO of Shark Branding, and an evening Gala with comedian Jerry Seinfeld.
• Michael B. “Essence of Excellence” Award - After a moving tribute to designer Michael B, the winner of the first Essence of Excellence award was named by Michael’s family. The award went to Adam Adourian of Sareen Jewelry.
• Design Center Top 50 Designer Retailers - The 2014 Top 50 Retailers were unveiled at a ceremony in the Design Center, with top honors going to Z. Folio, of Solvang, CA.
After such a productive show experience, attendees were quick to vocalize their JCK 2014 experiences:
Tanya Farah, of her namesake brand, shared: “It’s been an incredible experience. We met a ton of new buyers, the response to the new collections was strong and we are already looking forward to JCK 2015!”
“We did fabulous,” raved Mary Connor of Geary’s in Beverly Hills, CA. “This was one of the best shows ever.”
“Overall, the show was an amazing success! We met a ton of new retailers, had strong sales and have a lot of business to follow up on once we get back home. Once again, JCK proved why it’s the show to be at,” commented Natalie Weisger of Omi Privé.
“The Vegas show is always an exciting time for the jewelry industry,” commented Stan Razny, of Razny Jewelers of Chicago. “It’s the time for us who are passionate about our industry to gather together to see new designs, continue relations with longtime partners and develop new friendships. We left the show with a refreshed enthusiasm for jewelry and are ready to share the details with our staff and customers.”
Dan Hamilton of Fred Myers/Littman Jewelers said, “To me, JCK in Vegas not only represents a great place to get business done and see new things, but also represents a time of celebration of the great industry to which we belong.”
For more information visit www.lasvegas.jckonline.com.