(MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.) - The Retail Jewelers Organization (RJO) honored its top vendors at their recent Fall Buying Show in Minneapolis. Jewelers from around the country met to browse upcoming trends, network with other industry leaders and take part in continuing education sessions. The event, themed There’s No Business Like Show Business, also provided the setting for the annual RJO Vendor of the Year Awards. These awards, as selected by the retail membership, are given in recognition of outstanding sales, service and support.
The 2014 winners are:
- RJO Lifetime Achievement: Martin Jacobson, Martin Jacobson, Ltd.
- RJO Board of Directors Award: Prashant Mehta, Diamond Expressions
- Loose Goods: RDI Diamonds
- Finished Goods (co-winners): Ostbye & Allison-Kaufman
- Clock/Watch: Citizen Watch Co.
- Service/Specialty Products: The EDGE by Abbott & Shapiro
- RJO Sales Representative of the Year Award, meant to recognize the dedicated and hard-working “road warriors” who provide outstanding service and support to the RJO membership: Mark Olsen, Schurhammer Mfg. & Tim Marr, Ostbye
In 1966, RJO was founded by a small group of independent jewelers who joined together to command better vendor prices by buying collectively. Since that time, RJO has added hundreds of members, essential support programs and marketing services while remaining owned by its jeweler members.
For more information about the Retail Jewelers Organization, please visit www.rjomembers.com.