The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers has announced its 39th Annual Winter ACE© It Education Conference to be held in Tucson, AZ, February 3-4, 2013.
The appraisal organization dedicated exclusively to gems and jewelry presents an outstanding program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and an unparalleled networking experience.
The daily programs are:
Sunday, February 3
- Montana Sapphire: An American Beauty from Mine to Market, Lisa Brooks-Pike, Hands On!
- Secrets on Identification of Jade Treatments and Imitations, Branko Deljanin, GG, FGA, Hands On!
- American Cats-Eye Deman-toid Garnet, Charles Ellias, GG, Hands On!
- Perspectives and Ethics in Gem Photography, Tino Hammond
Monday, February 4
- Insurance Appraising & USPAP, Martin Fuller, GG
- The Wonder of Natural Pearls, Jeremy Norris, GG, Hands On!
- Titanic Jewelry: A Convergence of Eras, Craig Lynch, GG
- Tomato (Toe May Toe) - Tomato (Toe Mah Toe), Potato (Poe Tay Toe) - Potato (Poe Tah Toe), Micro Pave - Mass Produced Linear Pinpoint Setting, Arthur Skuratowicz, GJG
Special added pre-conference, Cultured Pearls and Pricing Workshop is being offered on Saturday, February 2, 2013 to NAJA members only. Accurately pricing cultured pearls requires the professional gemologist to distinguish not only between types, but also to correctly assess quality and shape factors within the same variety.