From the bench of Andy “The Tool Guy” Kroungold
As a bench jeweler, I know we have more than a few “must-have” tools - one of the main “must-haves” being pliers.
When I started many years ago at the bench, I recall the staple pliers - short nose, cutters, long chain and round. As time went on, I discovered that there were quite a few different brands, styles and shapes.
If all the options seem overwhelming, then let me help. Stuller has the answer: new Stuller exclusive pliers from
- 63 - 65 Rockwell Hardness (HRC): Pyrometer controlled inductive hardening
- Three types of cutting blades: semi-flush, for soft and hard wire; flush, for very precise cutting of soft wire and full-flush, for a perfect cutting of soft wire
- Dual leaf springs in blue steel
- Matched bearing rings, which minimize metal-metal contact and friction
- Lap joint with screw designed to achieve a high level of strength and precision. The nut is made of hardened alloy steel in order to resist high cutting load. The screw is fine-pitched for perfect joint adjustment.
- Ergonomic handles featuring a soft comfortable gripping surface for ultimate comfort
- High-quality ball bearing steel ensures longer use than with most pliers
With the busy season coming up, check your pliers. If you need replacements try our new Stuller Exclusives.For more information or order details, call our Technical Group at 800-877-7777 ext. 4300 or visit www.stuller.com. Tell them Andy “The Tool Guy” sent you!