“Last year, a member survey revealed that Jewelers of America members desired better terms with credit card processing companies. Our partnership with Tru, which provides the lowest cost for payment processing, is a direct response to our members’ needs,” says David Peters, JA Director of Member Services.
Tru will broker, on behalf of each JA member, the best rates with the most reputable credit card, check and gift card processors. Among Tru’s cost-saving benefits are:
- The guaranteed lowest rate on credit card processing: Tru will beat every competitor’s price
- No cost to get started: members will not be charged any set-up, application or reprogramming fees
- Free check guarantee/conversion terminal and credit card processing software: there is no cost to upgrade credit card and check processing systems
Tru’s services also help members reinforce their customers’ satisfaction by:
- Connecting transactions to charity: every credit transaction results in a 1.5 cent contribution to Jewelers for Children
- Increasing customers’ payment options: all major and private-label credit cards are accepted
- Offering custom gift cards: gift cards give indecisive customers another option, increasing sales
“For close to a decade, Tru has been consulting with jewelers and negotiating on their behalf with the nation’s largest credit card, check, and gift card processors. This new alliance with Jewelers of America gives Tru even more negotiating power with these processors, so Tru can pass along even deeper discounts and better services for jewelers across the country,” says Matthew Focht, President and Founder of Tru.
All of the great benefits of JA’s new payment processing benefit are detailed at their newly redesigned website, www.jewelers.org. Visit the “Business Resources” section and click on “Services & Supplies” to see the “Payment Processing” webpage for full details and to order.