Social Media is one of the most powerful online tools for small businesses today. From a business perspective, there has never been a better way to reach millions of people and expose your company to those who would have otherwise never heard of you.
Combined, Social Media websites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube have more than 3 BILLION users. With the massive amount of people using Social Media websites, there hasnâ€™t been a better time for businesses to join in.
Social Media has opened up some new doors in terms of marketing to your local consumers. Most of them are using these Social Media platforms, so there is no reason why you should not put your store right in front of them.
Here are 4 additional benefits of using Social Media to market your jewelry store:
- Social Media is here to stay. With their simplicity of use and interactive social activities, Social Media has completely changed the way the world communicates and does business. With the rising combination of smartphone use along with computer use, Social Media websites are predicted to grow even larger. There is no reason to avoid Social Media websites on the assumption that these websites might one day go away.
- More and more people are searching for businesses on Social Media websites. In fact, approximately 1/3 of consumers say that they usually search for and check out a companyâ€™s Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter page before considering a purchase. If the company has no Social Media page, these customers typically move on and look for a company with a Social Media presence. When a business has Social Media webpages, it helps customers feel more at ease about purchases and in their mind, reinforces the companyâ€™s credibility.
- Social Media helps your company get more online visibility. The more pages you have, the more likely your company will rank higher in the major search engines. Social Media websites already rank strongly in Google and other search engines. If you have a presence in the popular Social Media websites, not only will your Social Media accounts rank higher in searches, but they provide the Social Proof needed to push your company website higher as well.
- The way consumers shop for products and services has dramatically changed, and Social Media websites play an important part. A majority of consumers research diamonds, jewelry and watches online before making a purchase. Most of these consumers become Social Media fans of the stores from which they purchase, and almost all would post positively on Social Media websites about their experiences with these companies.
While Social Media can be a great marketing tool for your company, you probably have questions about it and wonder whether or not it can really help grow your business. Whether you are already using Social Media or have yet to begin the journey, here are 6 answers to questions that many jewelers have concerning it:
1) I have never used Social Media. Isnâ€™t it too late to get started?
There has never been a better time to get involved in Social Media. In fact, thousands of new users sign up for the major Social Media websites each week. Additionally, new concepts and tools are always being rolled out on Social Media websites, which drive in even more new users. It is never too late to get started.
2) I already have a good marketing plan. Why should I replace it with Social Media?
If your current marketing plan is working for you, there is no need to get rid of it. Instead, consider mixing your current plan with a combination of Social Media websites for better results. While it will take more time, the end results are well worth it as Social Media has the potential to drive in new business that you may not have reached otherwise.
3) Which Social Media websites should I use?
Currently, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn, and YouTube lead as the top Social Media websites. Although there are numerous other Social Media websites available, these major websites bring in the most traffic for retail jewelry stores. Once you have grown accustomed to how Social Media works, you can always expand to as many websites as you desire.
4) Once I set up my Social Media accounts, what do I do next?
One of the biggest mistakes made by businesses and retail stores is setting up their Social Media pages and forgetting about it. Social Media websites are very much â€śhands on.â€ť Each website will offer you unique tools to help you, but these websites require dedication and effort.
Most important is to create in teresting and jewelry related content and post to your pages daily, 7 days a week. You also need to check your accounts daily and interact with clients and potential customers. Keep in mind that although this can be time-consuming, the end results are financially rewarding.
5) How much does Social Media Marketing cost?
Aside from optional advertising costs, all Social Media websites are free for businesses to use. However, the cost involved in Social Media Marketing is found in the time spent to create daily posts for each Social Media website, monitor the activity, and interact with clients and potential customers. This cost can be personal time spent by the owner, payroll for employees, or fees paid to an outside marketing specialist.
6) How long will I have to work on my Social Media websites?
How much you put into your Social Media websites will determine your success. As a good rule of measure, you should spend time daily answering any questions, engaging with users, and creating new content. Again, keep in mind that Social Media websites are time-consuming. Many retail jewelers have found it most economical to hire a Social Media Marketing Company that specializes in the jewelry industry to create the daily content, as this is the most time consuming. Then utilize their time or a key employeeâ€™s time to monitor the discussion and answer any questions raised on the Social Media websites.
Patience is a virtue. Although it would be ideal if your Social Media presence could quickly grow on its own without any additional work from you, the fact is that building up a trustworthy Social Media presence takes time and dedication.