The Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA) has honored 12 recipients with its 2011 Shining Star Award, which recognizes WJA members’ service, passion, and commitment to their local chapters across the country. The awards were presented during WJA’s Women in the Know Conference on Thurs., January 6 at the McGraw Hill Building, 1221 6th Avenue @ 49th Street in New York City.
“One of WJA’s strengths is the network of chapters that provide local networking, education, and support for members,” explained Kendra Bridel Weinman, WJA president. “The Shining Star Award recognizes this dedicated leadership and service at the chapter level.”
The 2011 award recipients are:
- Renee Barry, Renee Bella, Chicago, Ill. (Midwest Chapter)
- Elisa Browsh, Elyria Jewels, San Francisco, Calif., (Northern California Chapter)
- Judy Colbert, Gemological Institute of America, Carlsbad, Calif., (San Diego Chapter)
- Carole Diamond, The Diamond Collection, Hallandale, Fla. (co- recipient/Southeast Chapter)
- Claudia Endler, Claudia Endler Designs, Los Angeles, Calif. (Los Angeles Chapter)
- Sue Fritz, CIC, CSA, Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, River Falls, Wis. (Twin Cities Chapter)
- Danielle Ingwer, Leo Ingwer, New York, N.Y. (Metro Chapter)
- Odaybea Morrow, Jewelry by Odaybea, Oakton, Va., (D.C. Chapter)
- Susan Osborn, Warren Jewelers, Kirkland, Wash., (Pacific Northwest Chapter)
- Julie Shaw, Armenta, Houston, Texas, (Southwest Chapter)
- Corrie Silvia, Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America, Attleboro, MA (New England Chapter)
- Adriane Yontef, J. Yontef Diamonds & Custom Jewelry, Nashville, Tenn. (co-recipient/Southeast Chapter)
The Women’s Jewelry Association, founded in 1983, is the preeminent association of professional women in the jewelry, watch and related businesses. WJA, which operates through the national office in New York City, comprises a network of 12 regional chapters and affiliate chapters and an International Affiliate Chapter in India. Members benefit from educational and networking opportunities, scholarships, grants, design competitions, annual business conferences, and recognition programs, such as its annual Women in the Know Conference. For more information on WJA and sponsorship opportunities, visit www.womensjewelryassociation.com or call the national office at 212-687-2722.