The power of fashion. It’s your secret tool. Tap into today’s hottest trends to add excitement, allure and entice your clients.
Featuring designer jewelry creates a cutting-edge climate for your store. Clients aware of designers will seek you out for what’s fresh and trendy.
For the retailer, the designer provides a perfect partner. Inspired by gems and nature, the designer taps the pulse of society. Drawing on the creative impulse, she tweaks current trends and shapes new ones. Your store is her showcase. She’ll provide promotional materials, displays and Trunk Shows. She wants you to succeed. It’s a win-win situation.
Some of today’s hottest trends:
- Color is everywhere. Fresh, bold, vibrant colors mix and match in gems and metals. Turquoise is Pantone’s color of the year. Silver, “the new gold” is dominant, accented with gold. The demand for white gold is especially strong for younger clientele. Black diamonds and blackened metals including oxidized steel and cobalt chrome create a modern edgy look.
- What’s old is new. Classics including moonstones and onyx are resurgent. Black and white, always a classic combination, strikes just the right chord in clean, modern pieces. Traditional keepsake jewelry including engraved pendants is on message with affirming contemporary expressions such as “believe” and text messages. Express yourself!
- Charmed. Personalized bracelets, earrings and necklaces with interchangeable charms are flying off the shelves. It’s nostalgia with a fresh twist. Look for anything that makes pieces personal, not mass-produced.
- The Awards Season’s impact is reflected in shoulder-duster chandeliers and the new elongated teardrop shape in gem and metal earrings. Big bangle bracelets and stacks of smaller ones remain very popular.
- Artisan and organic. Look for fluid forms inspired by nature including slices of gems and uncut diamonds. Pieces that look hand-worked have particular appeal. A high end look coupled with a raw naturalness perfectly expresses the current tone.
Fashion is fun! Don’t be afraid to explore this lucrative dimension to add another engine to your sales. Especially for the self-purchasing woman, style is key. Have design experts on your staff. The store reflecting the most current trends will serve as a magnet to the style-conscious client. Develop your store’s reputation as the go-to store, the one in the know.
Mia Katrin is an award-winning, internationally celebrated couture jewelry designer specializing in high-end necklaces with precious gems in 18-22 karat gold as well as the new affordably priced Jewel Casual Collection. Her Collections, which have been worn by A-List