(DAVENPORT, Iowa) - Gemvision Corporation held its 9th Gemvision Design Symposium event October 7-8, 2012 at the Hotel Blackhawk in Davenport, Iowa. This unique jewelry design and technology event featured demonstrations of the latest CAD/CAM innovations, training classes, networking opportunities, and the Matrix Design Contest Awards Dinner announcing the contest winners.
The Matrix Design Contest was open to Matrix Version 7 users worldwide and all entries were created and rendered using Gemvision’s award-winning Matrix jewelry CAD software.
Winners were recognized based on Best 3D Render, Technical Merit, Overall Design, and Best Student Design. Contest prizes totaled over $10,500 in value and included SpacePilot Pro 3D computer mice, Gemvision purchase credits, 64 GB Apple iPads, and cash prizes. A Grand Prize “Best in Show” winner was voted on by Symposium dinner attendees and was awarded a high performance computer system.
Below is a complete list of 2012 Matrix Design Contest winners in every category:
- Grand Prize Best in Show: Shinya Takahashi, Green Lake Jewelry Works
- Overall Design 1st Place: Mark King, King Design
- Overall Design 2nd Place: Amy Rugg, Wyatt Austin Jewelers
- Overall Design 3rd Place: Chris Arends, Aires Jewelers
- Overall Design Honorable Mention: Shinya Takahashi, Green Lake Jewelry Works
- Overall Design Honorable Mention: Juan Rubert, Serenade Diamonds
- Overall Design Honorable Mention: Mo Ebrahim, Gala Creations Ltd.
- Technical Merit 1st Place: Justin Scott, Meigs Jewelry
- Technical Merit 2nd Place: Shinya Takahashi, Green Lake Jewelry Works
- Technical Merit 3rd Place: Mark Iles, SBG Design Studio
- Technical Merit Honorable Mention: Li Jin, JIE Technology Company Limited
- Technical Merit Honorable Mention: Shinya Takahashi, Green Lake Jewelry Works
- Technical Merit Honorable Mention: Chris Ritchie, Chris Ritchie Creations
- Best Render 1st Place: Chris Ritchie, Chris Ritchie Creations
- Best Render 2nd Place: Charlie Herner, Green Lake Jewelry Works
- Best Render 3rd Place: Juan Rubert, Serenade Diamonds
- Best Render Honorable Mention: Amy Rugg, Wyatt Austin Jewelers
- Best Render Honorable Mention: Justin Thorup, Dana Arts
- Best Render Honorable Mention: Joseph Meadows, David Douglas Diamonds
- Student Category Winner: Deanna Campsall, Flathead Valley Community College
All of the winning designs can be viewed at www.gemvision.com/contest.
Gemvision is headquartered in Davenport, IA and was founded in 1990 by Jeff High. The award-winning provider of computerized jewelry design products has facilities in Iowa, Illinois, North Carolina, the United Kingdom, and a global network of authorized dealers delivering technology solutions to jewelers worldwide. For more information call 800-357-6272 or visit www.gemvision.com.
|< Prev||Next >|