Latest News On The Move Kentucky Jeweler retires after 57 years

Kentucky Jeweler retires after 57 years

Print

Mr. Gene Lawson of Lawson’s Jewelry in Harrodsburg, KY, retired on December 31 after 57 years in the industry. Gene and his wife, Dortha, purchased Lawson’s Jewelry (established in 1941) from C.B. and Lucille Lawson in 1957, shortly after they were married.

Over the years Lawson was active in the jewelry industry as well as his local community. He co-founded the Harrodsburg Mercer County Industrial Development Corporation, was director of the Harrodsburg Jaycees, served as president of the Mercer County Chamber of Commerce, director of the Pioneer Optimist Club, and in the U.S. Air Force, and was director of the Kentucky Retail Jewelers and president of the Retail Merchants.

Gene and Dortha (who retired about a year before Gene) plan to stay active in their retirement and “keep enjoying our lives.”

The couple is very thankful for all the friends and loyal customers they made throughout their careers.

“We always tried to treat people like we like to be treated when we walk into a business,” said Gene.

Lawson’ Jewelry remains a staple in downtown Harrodsburg under the direction of new owner Terry Graham.

 
Banner
Banner

Facebook Share

Share this article on Facebook

Hot topic

 

Metallix Refining launches advanced precious metals recycling technology

Precious metals refinery, Metallix Refining Inc., has announced the launch of their new an...

 

GIA expands Retailer Support Program

(CARLSBAD, Calif.) - GIA (Gemological Institute of America) has recently announced some ne...

Media Kit

media-kit-sjn

media-kit-majn

Download now! pdf-logo