Twelve Richmond jewelers work together in support of VCU Massey Cancer Center
(RICHMOND, Vir.) - A dozen of Richmond, Virginia’s leading jewelers have each donated a piece of jewelry to a raffle in support of women’s cancer research at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Massey Cancer Center. The raffle, held in conjunction with the 16th Annual Women & Wellness event on February 8 at The Jefferson Hotel, is the first to feature so many pieces from such a stellar roster of donors.
“We’re very excited about the Jewels for a Cure raffle,” said Becky Massey, Massey Advisory Board member. “A raffle has been part of our Women & Wellness program for years, but this year’s concept is truly unique.”
Jeweler Cheryl Fornash, a volunteer chair of the Women & Wellness raffle committee, worked with her peers in the community to create a selection that would have broad appeal to Richmond women.
Each jeweler donated a piece with a retail value of $1,500. The featured prizes include:
- An 18k gold necklace with fancy yellow and white diamonds from Adolf Jewelers
- An 18k white gold butterfly brooch with diamonds and red/orange sapphires from Carreras Ltd.
- An estate ladies Concord “La Scala” watch from Charles Schwarzschild, Inc. Jewelers
- A pair of Scott Kay blue topaz and diamond earrings from Cheryl Fornash Jewelers
- A ladies Tag Heuer watch from Cowardin’s Jewelers
- A Love necklace from Davis Jewelry
- A sterling with 14k yellow gold pearl flower choker from Dransfield Jewelers
- A Mikimoto cultured pearl strand and matching stud earrings from Fink’s Jewelers, Short Pump Town Center location
- A free-form blue boulder opal in 14k gold handmade setting suspended from an 18k gold pavé strand wire necklace from Jack Kreuter Jewelers
- A Georg Jensen sterling silver Regitze bracelet from Mac-Laren Jewelers
- A Konstantino sterling silver and 18k gold bracelet with faceted onyx and pearls from Schwarzschild Jewelers, Cary Court location
- A pair of 18k gold lemon quartz and pear drop peach moonstone chandelier earrings from Victoria Charles Jewellery
For photos of each piece or more information about the Women & Wellness event please visit massey.vcu/women&wellness.