The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA) announces its 40th Annual Mid-Year Conference to be held in Pittsburgh PA, August 10 – 13, 2013 at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel.
The appraisal organization dedicated exclusively to gems and jewelry presents an outstanding program to assist the professional appraiser’s continuing education and an unparalleled networking experience.
This unprecedented four day conference has overall themes – Workshops, Antique Jewelry, Jewelry and Appraisals. Every session is an experience on various aspects of the focused topics - a real service for appraising gems and jewelry.
The daily programs are:
Saturday, August 10
Simultaneous Hands-On Workshops
- Hands-on with Ivory & the Look Alikes – Bobby Mann
- Rolex 101: Identifying Counterfeit or Replica Rolex Watches and Parts – John Brozek
Sunday, August 11
- Let There Be Light - Illuminating the Crown of Light Brand – Tammy Cohen, Asaf Nahum & Lauren Strachan
- Beauty or The Beast – Cutting Corners Cutting Gemstones – Geoffrey Dominy, FGA
- 50 Amazing Ways to Energize Your Appraisal Business and Maximize Your Time While Enjoying Life – Jeff Averbook, GG
- Accelerated Antique Assessment – Louis Scholz
Monday, August 12
- Stop Wasting Time! (Helpful Information When Appraising Timepieces) – Dean Powell
- World Hallmarks-Europe (A Refresher and Update Session) – Danusia Niklewicz, GG
- A Sneak Peek into World Hallmarks - Volume 2 (Hallmarks - the World Outside Europe) – Danusia Niklewicz, GG
- Fabergé and Russian Gold & Silversmiths: Mid 19th – early 20th Century – Joseph DuMouchelle, GG
- Oscar Heyman- 100 Years of American Craftsmanship – Melinda Adducci, GG
Tuesday, August 13
Appraisals - What Matters
- Estate Appraisals - As Unavoidable as Death & Taxes! – Martin Fuller, GG
- USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) and the Personal Property Appraiser – Lee Robinette, ASA
- Uh-oh! What Do I Do Now? (Panel) – David Atlas, GG